Partners and Sponsors
How You Can Help
Calgary Outdoor Club
Calgary Culture Club - New Coordinator Info
- Before coordinating for us, we ask that you have attended at least five CCC events, have
zero "no-shows" on your account (see our Cancellation
Policy for more info), and provide a
referral from one or two people on our volunteer team (perhaps the coordinators of some events you've attended) who can vouch that they
think you'll do a good job of coordinating.
- For your first few events, the Volunteer Coordinator will assist you in setting up your event.
Your "job" is to learn, do the event, and decide if you want to become more involved as a club volunteer.
Before getting your volunteer "star", you will have to
coordinate 3+ cultural events (ie. not simply social in nature). Note that new coordinators are
discouraged from doing pre-paid events (ie. events where members
pay ahead of time through the club) because of the complicated nature of these events. If you
want to do a pre-paid event before receiving your star, you must have a starred co-coordinator
who will set up the event, including calculating the event amount, setting the cut-off date,
and then manage the paid/admin aspects of the event for you, whether or not they're actually
attending the event.
- Ready to get started? First Choose your event:
- If you pick something that we've already got in our database
you do not have to do the research involved to determine the event details - we can copy the existing event.
Use our Event Suggestor to see what events we have in our database.
- If you want to do something that isn't in our database, you will need to gather the following information to set your event up:
- Carpool location (if applicable), and directions (if not a commonly-used CCC carpool location)
- Carpool meet time or event meet time (if you have a carpool, the meet time will be determined by the CCC boss).
Be sure to provide a 15-minute time window and very specific landmark for people to meet you.
- Location of the event and directions for how to get there and find the group.
- Distance from Calgary to the event (round trip, kms)
- What ages will you take on the event (all, 13+, 18+)
- Are there any fees that must be pre-paid for the event? If so, advise the CCC boss, who will
help determine the registration cut-off date, and advise on the process for these events.
- What are attendees recommended to bring with them?
- What are attendees required to bring with them?
- Itinerary, description of event, links for more information.
- Chose the date and time of your event.
Your "start time" should be about fifteen minutes earlier than when you want to
head in for your event in order to give people a fifteen-minute time window to find you.
- E-mail the Volunteer Coordinator, Nicole,
with your event idea and volunteer references (you can just provide the names of your references and the
Volunteer Coordinator will follow up on them). The Volunteer Coordinator will provide detailed information
about what you need to do, before, during, and after your event, plus information on the whole "starring process"
(ie. joining our volunteer team).
- When you have upcoming events set up, you will gain access to our Coordinator Manual for more
helpful information via a link at the top of your "Coordinate", "Upcoming Events" link. Once you have your star,
you will have access to this manual at all times.
- After you've done approximately three events, if you'd like to do more, we can add you as a
at which point you will have access to post your own events, and will be expected to manage
your own coordination activities.